Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bedazzled Shoes????

YES, my love for shoes has met my obsession with bedazzling. 
About a month ago I had a formal event to go to and I wanted a unique pair of kicks. With that want, and my college student budget, I began thinking of ways I could decorate a pair of heals to be truly my own. So, I came across a few ideas and knew right away I must bedazzle! 

I was mainly inspired by these mirrored shoes, but I thought more on the rhinestone side of decorating. 
So, I purchased a pair of regular black pumps from my local Ross ( I think they were like only $12, I was so happy). I then grabbed my bag of rhinestones and my glue gun and got to bedazzlin. 
It was definitly a tedious task, but I geekishly enjoy this kind of stuff. Anyways, the entire project took me a good two days work (with lots of breaks), but I was very satisfied with the end result! 
Again, all this project took was a pair of cheap heals, a hot glue gun and bag of rhinestones. I had previously bought the rhinestone in bulk at my local Micheals craft store for around $10.
I love my shoes so much I think I might start decorating more shoes, in even brighter colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment