Saturday, April 9, 2011

Is That a Real Lemon?

YAY! So for my first DIY blog entry I thought I would do something that I recently made and can't stop wearing! It's my lemon necklace! 


Ok, so this item was super easy to make and very inexpensive. Since I just used a long silver chain from another necklace, all I had to buy was fake lemon slices ($2.99) and a pack of silver jump rings ($1.99). Both items I found at my local Joann's fabric and craft store, but they can also be found at any Micheals craft store. 



1.) Once I gathered all my supplies, I poked a small hole through and through of one lemon slice with a thumb tack.

2.) After making a hole relatively the same size as my jump rings, I hooked one ring through the holes and closed the ring.

3.) With no glue necessary, the lemon pendant is ready to be placed on your chain of choice. (I chose I long necklace chain)

As I love this item so much I have thought of other things to do with fake lemon slices, such as earrings (cut one "slice" in half), or even a key chain. And of course, if you prefer something besides a lemon, an orange slice or even lime slices would make a cute accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment